Hello, I'm Ian Curry.
I'm designing the next generation of mobile creation tools with FiftyThree, the makers of Paper.
For the past five years, I served as Director of Interaction Design at Local Projects. During my time there, Local Projects was named the #2 most innovative design firm in the world by Fast Company. Our interactive work for museums and public spaces won numerous awards, including:
- 2012 Webby for the "9/11 Memorial Guide" website
- 2012 IXDA for "Explore 9/11"
- 2010 and 2011 Finalist for Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award (Interaction Design category)
- "Change by Us" included in the catalog for the MoMA Talk to Me exhibit
- "Explore 9/11" chosen by Apple for their App Store Essentials Hall of Fame
I teach interactivity in public space for SVA's MFA in Interaction Design Program. You can find me on Twitter here.